, , , , , , , , ,

Nail Polish Edit-Summer Edition

06:24


As you will be aware it’s that time of year again, yes, its summer!! I’m not sure whether you can tell because you can’t see my facial expression whilst writing this (I’m grinning so much my face is hurting), but I’m extremely pleased. Summer is the time to hit the beach, relax and enjoy late night BBQs. However, it also means you need to think about adding colour to your wardrobe. Spring/Summer 2014 collections are heavily based around brighter colours. Although, this does not mean you need to get an entirely new wardrobe to meet these trends. If you’re like me, I am still all about monochrome, I am completely obsessed! Recently, I have been trying to develop a wardrobe containing a few more colours, but it’s a long process. Nonetheless, adding little pops of colour to my outfits is one way I like to follow this trend. I manage this mainly through nail polish and necklaces. I’m one of those people you will always see with their nails done, I personally cannot stand unpolished nails and think it’s a great way to brighten up any outfit.

This was hard for me to choose my favourite nail polishes for summer due to my ever growing collection. My excuse for this is that I need more nail polish because I wear it all year round (not a great excuse, but I’ll go with it). In fact, I manage to get a lot of wear out of the nail polishes I own, which I have noticed are mainly N07 and Barry M collections. Anyway, here are my top eight (left to right):



1.      Barry M Nail Paint- Turquiose 222
2.      Max Factor Max Effect Mini- Juicy Plum 34
3.      N07 Stay Perfect-Pink Grapefruit 77739
4.      Barry M Jelly High Shine- Huckleberry 414
5.      Barry M Nail Paint- Strawberry I/C 309
6.      N07 Stay Perfect Pigment Rich- So Simple 170
7.      Max Factor Glossfinity- Burgundy Crush 155
8.      Barry M Nail Paint- Cyan Blue 230

My top eight colours are not in any particular order because I would be sat there forever trying to choose. Overall, the Barry M collection has an amazing variety of summer colours, including both pastel and bright. What makes them even better is that they are super cheap and affordable. My only con with their nail polish is that they have a tendancy to chip easily if I don’t use a top coat. I also find to get a perfectly even coverage I feel the need to use three coats which takes a while to dry.
Again, N07 have a range of amazing colours, but they are pricier. I haven’t actually brought their nail polish in a while, but I think they are around £8. Still, they are not too pricy and are worth it because they can last longer.
Last but not least, Max Factor. Personally, I love this brand. Again, they are pricier, but not unaffordable. In fact their Glossfinity nail polish states it last up to 7 days, although I use a top coat, it definitely does! I find the quality of Max Factor is a lot better though, as you only need two coats of polish  and it dries super fast. 
Zoe
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.